Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans @ Movie Review

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This prequel tried to showcase the beginning of the feud between the Vampires and Werewolves. It should have made a very interesting story, but it definitely wasn’t the case.

First, all of us who had watch Underworld and Underworld Evolution would have already know the ending for this prequel. Lucian (Michael Sheen) lived, and so did Viktor (Bill Nighy). Else, where would the first two installments come from? This would actually means there aren’t much to look forward to the ending. And so I placed my hope on the process to it.

And that led to this second point, the whole story revolved around a much more constraint location. Given that it was medieval age and mobility ain’t high, but it just seemed so much more undeveloped overall. It was all around a castle-prison and almost nothing else. Heck, it seemed the humans already acknowledge the existent of the Bats and Wolves. But how did all these end up being legend to the mass population come 21st century? And can’t they just throw in a Van Helsing type of character just to spice things up?

While the points above showcased most of my doubts and thus making the show almost unwatchable, it became more apparent when almost 70% of the story had been told verbally, and the other 30% visually from the past two installments! It was definitely boring, as if watching a recap.

1 comments:

Asha

well i luf this movie u knw ..anything got to do with vampire .. the most funniest thing is that..

when i go to watch this with ma frenzo in the cinema i was like wth is this movie u knw.. i never watch part 1 or 2 before...but yet when i came out i luf it.. totally goin to find part 1 and 2 and yap totally worth it

 
Daily Moo's, Hoo's & Haa's ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates